Aleksander MądryEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at EPFL. I am a member of the Theory of Computation group.
Selected Papers (Show all):
- Navigating Central Path with Electrical Flows: from Flows to Matchings, and Back,
FOCS 2013. Best Paper Award. Invited to the Journal of the ACM.
- Runtime Guarantees for Regression Problems, with Hui Han Chin, Gary L. Miller, and Richard Peng,
- The Semi-stochastic Ski-rental Problem, with Debmalya Panigrahi,
- From Graphs to Matrices, and Back: New Techniques for Graph Algorithms
My Ph.D. thesis, MIT, EECS Department, 2011. ACM Doctoral Dissertation Award Honorable Mention. George M. Sprowls Award (for best MIT doctoral theses in CS).
- A Polylogarithmic-Competitive Algorithm for the k-Server Problem, with Nikhil Bansal, Niv Buchbinder, and Seffi Naor,
FOCS 2011. Best Paper Award. Invited to the Journal of the ACM.
- Electrical Flows, Laplacian Systems, and Faster Approximation of Maximum Flow in Undirected Graphs , with Paul Christiano, Jonathan Kelner, Daniel Spielman, and Shang-Hua Teng,
STOC 2011. Best Paper Award. Invited to the Journal of the ACM.
- Faster Approximation Schemes for Fractional Multicommodity Flow Problems via Dynamic Graph Algorithms,
- An O(log n/log log n)-approximation Algorithm for the Asymmetric Traveling Salesman Problem, with Arash Asadpour, Michel Goemans, Shayan Oveis Gharan, and Amin Saberi,
SODA 2010. Best Paper Award.
- Faster Generation of Random Spanning Trees, with Jonathan Kelner,
- Maximum Bipartite Flow in Networks with Adaptive Channel Width, with Yossi Azar, Thomas Moscibroda, Debmalya Panigrahi and Aravind Srinivasan,
ICALP 2009. Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 412(24), 2011. Special Issue.
- Susceptible Two-Party Quantum Computations, with Andreas Jacoby and Maciej Liśkiewicz,
- Geometric Aspects of Online Packet Buffering: An Optimal Randomized Algorithm for Two Buffers, with Marcin Bienkowski,
- Data Exchange: On the Complexity of Answering Queries with Inequalities
Information Processing Letters, Vol. 94, Issue 6 (June 2005), p. 253 - 257.
- Theory Gems, Fall 2012.
- Advanced Theoretical Computer Science, Spring 2013.
- Theoretical Computer Science, Fall 2013.
- Theory of Computation, Spring 2014.
- I was/am/will be on the PC of: SODA 2013, STOC 2013, SWAT 2014, ESA 2014, FOCS 2014.
- In 2014, I am co-organizing the 1st European Meeting on Algorithmic Challenges of Big Data (ACBD 2014).
- In 2013, I co-organized Algorithmic Meeting workshop at EPFL.
- In 2012, I co-organized Algorithmic Frontiers workshop at EPFL. (Videos of the talks are now available.)
- During my time at MSR, I was co-organizing MSR/MIT Theory Reading Group.
- During my time at MIT, I was organizing MIT Algorithms and Complexity Seminar.