Aleksander MądryEmail: email@example.com
I am an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at EPFL.
- I am co-organizing Algorithmic Meeting workshop.
- Interested in working with me? Apply to our PhD program.
- I am on the PC of SODA 2013 and STOC 2013.
- This semester, I am teaching Theory Gems.
- From Graphs to Matrices, and Back: New Techniques for Graph Algorithms
My Ph.D. thesis, MIT, EECS Department, 2011. George M. Sprowls Award (for best MIT doctoral theses in CS). ACM Doctoral Dissertation Award Honorable Mention.
- A Polylogarithmic-Competitive Algorithm for the k-Server Problem, with Nikhil Bansal, Niv Buchbinder, and Seffi Naor,
FOCS 2011. Best Paper Award.
- Electrical Flows, Laplacian Systems, and Faster Approximation of Maximum Flow in Undirected Graphs , with Paul Christiano, Jonathan Kelner, Daniel Spielman, and Shang-Hua Teng,
STOC 2011. Best Paper Award. Invited to the Journal of the ACM.
- Fast Approximation Algorithms for Cut-based Problems in Undirected Graphs,
- Faster Approximation Schemes for Fractional Multicommodity Flow Problems via Dynamic Graph Algorithms,
- An O(log n/log log n)-approximation Algorithm for the Asymmetric Traveling Salesman Problem, with Arash Asadpour, Michel Goemans, Shayan Oveis Gharan, and Amin Saberi,
SODA 2010. Best Paper Award.
- Faster Generation of Random Spanning Trees, with Jonathan Kelner,
- Maximum Bipartite Flow in Networks with Adaptive Channel Width, with Yossi Azar, Thomas Moscibroda, Debmalya Panigrahi and Aravind Srinivasan,
ICALP 2009. Invited to the special issue of Theoretical Computer Science.
- Susceptible Two-Party Quantum Computations, with Andreas Jacoby and Maciej Liśkiewicz,
- Geometric Aspects of Online Packet Buffering: An Optimal Randomized Algorithm for Two Buffers, with Marcin Bienkowski,
- Data Exchange: On the Complexity of Answering Queries with Inequalities
Information Processing Letters, Vol. 94, Issue 6 (June 2005), p. 253 - 257.